The semi-finals host 2 exciting match-ups that you shouldn’t miss. The games will be played back-to-back so all teams can scout out potential opponents for the finals!
D-Mentors (2) vs Cobra Kai (6)
- Season Series – D-Mentors with 4 wins, 1 loss. 19 goals scored with 10 conceded
- Offense – D-Mentors 6th, Cobra Kai 4th
- Defense – D-Mentors 1st, Cobra Kai 4th
The D-Mentors finished second place in the regular season but they squeaked into the semi-finals on a wildcard spot. They’re still favourites heading in as they won 4 of 5 against Cobra Kai this season, including the double in the last 2 weeks of the season. Some say they already have 1 foot in the finals. To prepare for Cobra Kai, Christy and Burinski purportedly rented a mule on the weekend and beat it senseless. Cobra Kai, known lovers of all animals did not take kindly to this.
Spartans (4) vs Clubber Lang (5)
- Season Series – Spartans won all 4 matches, 17 goals scored with 8 conceded
- Offense – Teams tied for 2nd
- Defense – Spartans 3rd, Clubber Lang 6th
The Spartans tamed the Renegades in the quarter-finals, albeit in unspectacular fashion. Considering that Renegades could barely field a squad, the pundits picked Spartans to win with ease. The important thing is that they won and now it’s Clubber Lang who stands in their way of realizing their life-long dreams of being TCL champions. Clubber Lang boast arguably the best 3-prong attack in the league in Newman-Wong-Winnett. That attack will need to be firing on all cylinders to sink the Spartans.